Thursday, August 13, 2015

The Anticipation for Rome, Italy

Today marks 2 weeks until I leave for Rome. My first trip on my own. It’s way more than just a trip it’s a life experience. I will be there for almost 4 months, continuing my studies as a fashion merchandising major. This was a great opportunity to take that my school, Philadelphia University, offered. They have so many opportunities and places to go for people to study abroad.
            In Rome, I hope to travel throughout Europe to as many places as possible. I want to experience as much as possible. I just want this to be the most life changing experience I’ve ever had especially at this stage in my life. I don’t want to waste one second just sitting around waiting for something fun or exciting to happen. I want to meet new people, see new things, and enjoy every passing minute in the present time.
            Being that I am very interested in fashion, I want to go to fashion shows, experience Fashion Week in the top countries of fashion and of course shop. I want everything to be perfect and completely different from my previous experiences.
            The worst thing about this whole experience is the packing part. I absolutely hate packing. The fact that I already over pack for whatever I do and wherever I go do not help my case that this time I have to be super conscious of what I pack. Taking the plane only allows you to take one suitcase and one carry on bag. So me, packing for 4 months seemed impossible when I first thought about it. But now that I am 2 weeks away from being on that plane I had to figure something out to make it work without paying for an extra bag. I invested in compression bags, plenty of compression bags. I have a bag for almost every single thing in my suitcase; jeans, shirts, sweaters, undergarments, and dresses/skirts. I wanted to be able to take everything I know I will wear a little more and also have space to bring back the new things I buy while there!
            This whole experience is still a little unreal at this moment, but I am super excited to see what comes my way. I can’t wait to be with my best friends in Europe on our own, making important life choices while having immeasurable fun together.

No comments:

Post a Comment